Golf lessons are at the core of GolfTEC. For more than 15 years, GolfTEC Coaches have been teaching golf lessons across North America. Accounting for 20% of all U.S. golf lessons, GolfTEC has taught millions of lessons to more than 200,000 clients.
But it's not the numbers that make a GolfTEC lesson more than just a golf lesson. It's the approach.
Tips are a poor way to learn golf
Tips can be found almost everywhere. They promise a secret movement or a miracle practice drill that will magically fix your challenges. "Fix your slice by Saturday." "End three putts forever." Most of them are written by competent and well-meaning authors, yet most of them don't seem to work for three reasons:
- One size doesn't fit all. Even if you read and apply it correctly, odds are low that this week's tip is what you need to take your golf swing to the next level of performance.
- A single swing change is rarely enough. The golf swing is complex. Changing one component of the swing impacts the rest of the swing. This is why one swing change alone is not enough for most golfers.
- Improvement requires reinforcement. Tips rarely work because they aren't part of a comprehensive golf lesson program. Most golfers require assistance to understand and apply a change. From there, it can take up to 30 days of proper reinforcement to turn an idea into a reliable, on-course skill.
Sequential approach to golf lessons
After millions of golf lessons, countless research studies and ongoing feedback from clients, GolfTEC has concluded that a sequential approach to golf lessons is critical to building repeatable skills and lasting results. Sequential lessons are one of the five factors required for maximum improvement. As a GolfTEC Coach improves your swing, they will follow a ground-up, start-to-finish sequence that builds one good motion on top of another:
- Address – the critical foundation of all good golf swings
- Backswing – the initial movement that sets up the rest of the swing
- Top – an athletic, fundamentally-sound top position maximizes the odds of success
- Downswing – the most difficult, and arguably most important, move in the swing
- Impact – often called the moment of truth; it is the natural result of all previous moves
- Release – an effective way to control and alter trajectory and shot shape
- Finish – the reflection of a controlled swing and solid mechanics
PATENTED g-SWING SYSTEM AND WEBLESSON® TECHNOLOGY
From day one, GolfTEC has believed in the power of using advanced technology to accelerate the golf improvement process. GolfTEC's patented g-SWING system combines digital video, motion measurement and biofeedback. It doesn't end there. Each golf lesson you take is uploaded to your personalized Player Performance Center using GolfTEC's WebLesson® technology, giving you 24/7 access to your lesson history, past swing videos, practice drills and more.
The bottom line: Each GolfTEC lesson utilizes advanced technology to dramatically accelerate your improvement.
A golf lesson with proven results
GolfTEC's approach to golf lessons not only makes sense—it works. Combined, more than 200,000 golfers have experienced a 95% success rate following GolfTEC's Proven Path. And each year, thousands of golfers make GolfTEC's Wall of Fame. Some win club championships. Some shoot career rounds. Many find more fairways and lose fewer balls. And others are simply able to do what they could not do before taking a GolfTEC lesson—enjoy the game of golf.
If you want to play better golf and enjoy the game more, GolfTEC will get you there.
To get started today, call or stop by a GolfTEC Improvement Center near you to talk to a GolfTEC Coach. Click Here to find your nearest Improvement Center.
If you'd like to learn more, go to the top of the page and sign up for GolfTEC's free monthly MOMENTUM Newsletter, filled with insights, tips and local information from inside GolfTEC.